UK HGV Driver
- Construction & Architecture Manufacturing
JOB DESCRIPTION: LGV Driver Class 1
REPORTS TO: Transport Manager
PAY STRUCTURE AND WORKING HOURS: To be discussed at interview
Our HGV Driver do more than a ‘driving job’. It’s about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation. You are the ‘face’ of our business, not just a delivery driver. It’s all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle. Ensuring goods are delivered in a first class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and our business.
- Must have at least two years HGV driving experience, hold a clean driving licence and a current drivers qualification card.
- High levels of Health and Safety standards.
- Numerate and literate.
- Current CPC.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of multi-drop deliveries.
- Current Forklift Certificate (B1 Counterbalance)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with Transport Manager and Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Transport Manager. · Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Transport Manager.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
- To provide support in the Yard as required by the Transport Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
- Loading and unloading of goods from vehicles.
- Stacking of goods onto pallets from storage bays.
- Stacking of empty pallets.
- Coupling and uncoupling of trailers
- Opening and closing of vehicle curtains Education and Experience:
- Basic numeracy & literacy.
This job description is subject to change as the demands of the business and the role develop. The role requires flexibility and adaptability.
Please upload your CV to apply or email email@example.com with your details.